Are you spending the holidays in the DC area? We’ve got you covered! From events, to recipes, to shopping ideas, there’s someone for everyone with this cruelty-free guide to a compassionate holiday season!
Upcoming Holiday Events:
Compassion Over Killing’s CommUNITY Celebration is coming up on December 15th from 7-10pm in Silver Spring, MD! The evening will be filled with food, fun, entertainment, and a silent auction! Purchase tickets here.
Check out the Black Wall Street Renaissance Winter Soulstice Bazaar on Saturdays, 12/15, and 12/22 from 12-5pm Capitol Heights, MD! More details here.
The Thrive Holiday Bazaar is coming up on 12/22 for all your holiday shopping!
Loving Hut is hosting a special Christmas Buffet on Sunday, 12/23 at their Falls Church, VA location! Menu TBD. Call (703) 942-5622 for more details.
Compassionate Holiday Shopping:
Read Compassion Over Killing’s guide on how you can support our life-saving work for animals while shopping this holiday season.
Check out Compassion Over Killing’s list of holiday gift ideas from clothing to art, and even some food options for your holiday meal!
Check out some of our local (and far away) food favorites!
Hanukkah Food Favs:
Catering & Special Orders:
Get your order is for the Greener Kitchen’s Vegan Holiday Gift Boxes! Choose from delicious holiday favorites including fudge, pound cake, almond bark, brownies or peanut butter cups – or grab the deluxe package and get them all!
Dangerous Pies has a savory vegan ratatouille pie, plus several sweet treats to choose from.
Hip City Veg has a versatile, fully vegan catering menu including sandwiches, wraps, dessert platters, and more! Plus, their hot chocolate is back on the menu! Warm up with their vegan hot chocolate all winter long!
Vegan Treats is offering a variety of treats during the holidays and they will ship them right to your door! Choose from Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies, Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and more! Ordering ends on 12/18.
Sweeet – Vegan baked goods by Robin Walker. Taking orders for amazing cookies and cupcakes. Call 301-318-1923 to place your order!
Some of our favorite vegan spots that are open on Christmas Eve:
- Busboys & Poets: All locations in DC, MD, and VA open until 8pm on Christmas Eve
- Everlasting Life
- Great Sage: Open from 9am – 3pm for breakfast bar only
- L’eau de Vie Organic Brasserie: Open 9am – 8pm
- Vegetable Garden
- Woodberry Kitchen
- Woodlands Restaurant
Some of our favorite vegan spots that are open on Christmas Day:
- Tanad Thai
- Khepra’s Raw Food & Juice Bar: unlimited buffet of all side dishes with limited serving of all entrées, juices, and desserts! Purchase tickets here
- Pow Pow
- Vegetable Garden is taking reservations for parties of 5 or more, walk-ins welcome. There is also space available for a Meetup on Christmas Day
- Woodlands Restaurant has special hours of 11:30am-3pm for Christmas Day
- Loving Hut is open during their regular hours on Christmas Day
DMV Restaurants OPEN on New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day:
- Busboys & Poets: All locations in DC, MD, and VA open 8am-11pm New Year’s Eve; Open 8am-3pm New Year’s Day
- Fancy Radish is usually closed on Mondays, but they are open on New Year’s Eve (closed on New Year’s Day)
- Pow Pow is open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- Everlasting Life is open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
- Woodlands Restaurant is open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
Cooking at home? Take advantage of our delicious and easy to prepare recipes on TryVeg.com!